I’ve decided that I’m going to create some resolutions. But since I always fail at this exercise, I’ve decided to apply my resolutions to 2010 to see how successful I’ve really been. It’s all about positive thinking.
In 2010 . . .
1. For the first year since 2003, I did not get pregnant or have a baby. Sometimes one can have too much of a good thing, no? 😉
2. I started a blog!
3. Dylan was potty trained!
4. I was adopted by a cat. (WHAT!!!? I’m allergic to cats. How did this happen? Maybe in 2011, I will get rid of a cat.)
5. I grew a moderately successful vegetable garden. (By the standards of the bunny, deer, and slugs, it was very successful. They loved it .)
6. I used my Wii Fit three times. (Yes, I know I got it for my birthday in July; we’re focusing on the positive, right?)
7. We got a Ford Taurus Station Wagon, which SNL declared to be the vehicle that proves we’ve “given up”. Whew hooo!
8. I read East of Eden. It was amazing. Best book of the year-no doubt.
9. I celebrated 10 years that I’ve known my amazing and handsome husband–who declared me easy going this year. Remarkable!
10. I started writing a novel. (Upon rereading my draft from this summer, I’ve recognized how terrible it is. Nonetheless, one has to start somewhere.)
So there it is. Ten wonderful things that punctuated year. What should I do in 2011? Perhaps I will use my Wii Fit four times and grow more veggies for the neighborhood animals. What will you do?
2 thoughts on “Retroactive Resolutions”
For the first time since 2005, I WILL have a baby 🙂
You did a lot more than 10 wonderful things in 2010! You’ve helped and inspired me and many other people – thank you!!
Comments are closed.