Summer is officially here for us since J finished his last workday today. Hooray! Now we begin the long days of trying to keep five people busy and happy without spending money.
Maybe you are like me and really want to get through this summer without putting anything on the credit card? Are you someone who wishes that you could join in the challenge to trim your summer budget? Maybe you think, “I wish I could do that, but I wouldn’t even know where to begin.”
Can we do it? Can you?
I’m personally inviting all of you to join in the quest to live frugally, shop wisely, plan creatively, and still have the resources to do the fun things you want to do.
There are ten weeks left in our summer, so it’s a great time to join in. Over the next few days, I’m going to tackle a few basics that might be helpful to those of you who are inspired to join in with the 13 Weeks of Summer (now 10-;)).
Here’s what you can look for in the way of posts, hopefully all this week.
1. Setting up a Skinny Budget –I’m not an accountant; I’ll just show you what I do that works for us.
2. Summer Activity Schedule and Planning –Simple, fun, free, and sanity keeping strategies for families.
3. Menu Planning on the Cheap –How to be frugal, eat healthfully, and not spend too much time or money.
4. Basic Couponing Tips — For those who want to save without taking on couponing as a second job. (There are other blogs for that.)
5. Why We Don’t Really Save Money — Why saving isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
6. Money and Marriage Part 2 — J’s side of the story
If you can think of questions related to the above topics that you’d like me to address, send me a comment and I’ll do my best to include the answer in my post. Of course, I’d love you to share this challenges presented in this blog with friends, or family who might enjoy it. We can all help each other with our comments and suggestions.
2 thoughts on “A Skinny Budget: Get Started!”
why don’t you save?
Dave Ramsey for example talks about the whole emergency fund thing, paying cash etc. I wonder what your thoughts are on that…
Is Jeremy going to write a guest post? I think that would be a good idea 😉
Love the calendar!
Comments are closed.