Because I am basically chicken and have not started my own blog, I asked Katrina if she could post something for me…and she said…. “yes!”
Germany. I have been living in the land of Bavaria, with my family, for 5 months now. We moved here mid September and well…let’s just say…some things in life are a bit easier than moving to another country.
- If you speak the only 3 German words you know to a German person, they will respond. Be ready to answer them back. Or you could be left with nothing to say, but your brain is thinking, Yo estudio espanol in College – y hablo espanol un poquito, lo siento.
- Sometimes a store just, won’t be open. I am serious. At some random time, it just may not be open. Just because. Make sure you have what you need.
- European Food is AMAZING! EAT UP. You only live once, and you might as well embrace the fact that most restaurants make the food for you. No heat lamps. They bring it out as it’s made. YUMMY!
- When doing a Military move, your stuff will get broken. Especially if it is across the ocean. Ohh and your stuff might get wet, moldy, and be called very bad words by the European Moving Company that drops it off, and tells you it should be thrown away.
- Kids take a long time to adjust to a new place. Adults take longer.
- When it’s cold in Germany, it’s cold. No amount of long underwear can prepare you for the “COLD” that we have been having. I used to think I wanted to climb Mt. Everest. Whatever. The cold we have been having freezes your lips and your snot.
- Despite the cold, it is quite pretty here. Clean. Simple. Fresh. Quiet. Peaceful. It is a nice way of life.
- Not everyone, in every country, is outgoing or an extravert. I suppose it isn’t personal. (If you don’t know me, I am basically an extravert’s extravert. I have not met a stranger and will speak to and entertain a rock.)
- Military TV is, . . . . ..Well, I’ll just say that we are grateful for movies and old TV shows that anyone wants to send us. We have been catching up on Friends courteously of Katrina’s PNG DVD supply.
- Diet Coke is not Diet Coke in Europe. I would do almost anything for a REAL Diet Coke from McDonalds.