$131 That’s how much is left. 9 days to go. If you subtract the $30 copay for baby’s check-up, that leaves $101, $11 a day. I could probably stop the e-mail there for accountability purposes, but as you know, I must elaborate. Here’s what we spent this week. $55.99 Harris Teeter Check out my post […]
Tag Archives | update
The Low Down on this week is that I realized I have been remiss in reporting my spending. This is because I have gotten a little lax. But I do keep receipts for all grocery, household, and pharmacy purchases and keep track of them on a spreadsheet, so I finally caught up tonight and filled […]
Our financial week has been a bit like this picture of Dylan. Drowning, but happy about it. Where have I been, you may be asking? I don’t know. Summer vacation has not afforded me with the hours of leisure time that I predicted. Until now. J has taken the kids to the Y, so I […]
So I guess we all knew that the time would come when I would be over budget. I was just hoping that it wouldn’t be Week 3. There was a FIASCO this week from which I have still not recovered . Here’s the story. Skip to the bottom if you just want the numbers. Saturday […]
A few of you have mentioned, that my weekly amounts seem overly generous. That remains to be seen; however, I did intentionally put a cushion in each week’s “allowance.” Our cash budget is going to have to cover the following inevitable items: car repair (Jeremy buying parts), doctor co-pay, clothing/ shoes, garden maintenance, sanity date, […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Inside Out Session 2: Highs and Lows Vlog and Homework January 27, 2017
- Inside Out Session 1 and Homework January 20, 2017
- The Emotional Jesus & The Inside Out Study January 10, 2017
- Tone Up Finale: Vlogs for Session 7 and 8 March 14, 2016
- Tone Up Week 7: Praise Him March 1, 2016
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Rachel M.: What a lovely tribute to your friend, I too have o...
- Glenna McKelvie: years ago when my son was small, we were going to ...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks! I'm trying to be all sleek and serene, fo...
- Amy: Such a great word. I immediately thought of severa...
- Amy Bennett: Love this one!! Will you come share it on my podca...