Our financial week has been a bit like this picture of Dylan. Drowning, but happy about it. Where have I been, you may be asking? I don’t know. Summer vacation has not afforded me with the hours of leisure time that I predicted. Until now. J has taken the kids to the Y, so I […]
Tag Archives | cash budget
One of my problems with the cash system is the cash. I was told that this system would give me a greater sense of loss and help me keep up with my money. But I have a fear and likelihood of actually losing it–as in, money falling out of my wallet, pocket, purse, or a […]
Saturday morning we walked as a family to the Farmer’s Market to get some produce. While I was waiting in line, I gave the camera to Addie and told her to walk around and take pictures, so for the most part, she took all of the pictures.
I forgot to post that the final $3 of last week went to a watermelon, so there was nothing left. Here’s the lowdown for this week and some pictures. I swore I would never take photos of my groceries because of the lameness, but it turns out that I am just that lame, so there. […]
A few of you have mentioned, that my weekly amounts seem overly generous. That remains to be seen; however, I did intentionally put a cushion in each week’s “allowance.” Our cash budget is going to have to cover the following inevitable items: car repair (Jeremy buying parts), doctor co-pay, clothing/ shoes, garden maintenance, sanity date, […]
What is the 13 week challenge and why am I calling this site the “Low Ryder” (other than the awesomeness of it)? Well, I have long been known for my cheapness, but this summer will present a new challenge. The question is “how low can we go?” Our summer will last 13 weeks, almost to […]
So I got out our cash today and put it in little envelopes. I didn’t get the whole amount out since it seems silly to forgo the possible interest for the whole summer. How do you other cash spenders do the cash budget? By week? By month? Do you put away your debit and credit […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Inside Out Session 2: Highs and Lows Vlog and Homework January 27, 2017
- Inside Out Session 1 and Homework January 20, 2017
- The Emotional Jesus & The Inside Out Study January 10, 2017
- Tone Up Finale: Vlogs for Session 7 and 8 March 14, 2016
- Tone Up Week 7: Praise Him March 1, 2016
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Rachel M.: What a lovely tribute to your friend, I too have o...
- Glenna McKelvie: years ago when my son was small, we were going to ...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks! I'm trying to be all sleek and serene, fo...
- Amy: Such a great word. I immediately thought of severa...
- Amy Bennett: Love this one!! Will you come share it on my podca...