So this isn’t exactly an subtraction and numbers update in the sense that the Sunday night posts have been because I had to revamp the whole durn thing today. We are pretty much down to the wire and are supposed to go on vacation on Friday. The long and the short of it is this. […]
Tag Archives | Budget
We’ve reached those hazy, lazy, crazy days of summertime and ACKK, now we are halfway through “The Thirteen Weeks of Summer“. 6.5 weeks down and 6.5 to go. Several things have happened. To summarize. 1. I fell off the cash wagon this week. (Wow, how I wish there actually was something called “the cashwagon”.) It […]
If you are an accountant or some budget guru, stop reading now! This is budgeting for English majors–or people like that, which means that it is very simple and non-mathy. This is a good exercise for you if you have really never gotten a handle on where your money goes. I’m just sharing what I […]
So I guess we all knew that the time would come when I would be over budget. I was just hoping that it wouldn’t be Week 3. There was a FIASCO this week from which I have still not recovered . Here’s the story. Skip to the bottom if you just want the numbers. Saturday […]
A few people have told me that they found the cash system “freeing.” I’m waiting for that feeling. Friday I did our shopping and then wrapped it up at the Farmer’s Market yesterday morning. So here’s the general breakdown of where this week’s $140 went. It certainly did go pretty quickly. 140 -20 (gas for […]
What is the 13 week challenge and why am I calling this site the “Low Ryder” (other than the awesomeness of it)? Well, I have long been known for my cheapness, but this summer will present a new challenge. The question is “how low can we go?” Our summer will last 13 weeks, almost to […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Thoughts About Writing Warm-Ups: GAHHH! January 23, 2018
- Protected: Speculative Fiction PNG YA story July 27, 2017
- Sam’s T-shirts July 27, 2017
- Hiawassee Warm-ups July 27, 2017
- Protected: Hiawassee Writing Retreat July 27, 2017
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Aunt Kathy K: You take pretty good care of your body from what I...
- Katrina Ryder: Well, I get it. Because part of what motivated me ...
- Aunt Kathy K: I'm not a writer, but I do go to the gym. I don...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope this stu...
- Carlene Seghers: Thank You!!! I really enjoyed the week four study!...
Where’s the one about . . .?
- Full of Fruit (105)
- Inside Out (3)
- Katrina's Writing (1)
- Letter Verses (14)
- Living Poorganically (82)
- Memoir (1)
- Nutty (131)
- Password Protected Stories (2)
- Stories (1)
- Sweet (44)
- The $500 Month (10)
- The Summer of 7 (19)
- Tone Up Study (8)
- Uncategorized (3)
- Warm-Ups (2)
- Writing Retreats (2)
- You Go, Girl! (23)