What is the 13 week challenge and why am I calling this site the “Low Ryder” (other than the awesomeness of it)? Well, I have long been known for my cheapness, but this summer will present a new challenge. The question is “how low can we go?” Our summer will last 13 weeks, almost to […]
So the first hiccup was that Jeremy did not have the cash when he took Dylan to McDonald’s for the reward ice cream for pooping in the potty, so he used the card. It was three dollars. This does not seem like a big deal. Are we always supposed to have some of the cash? […]
I thought I would lay the background for our cheapness just for any who might be looking for some ideas. Here are some things about our lifestyle that help us with our cheapness and give me hope for accomplishing the goals for the summer. If you are hoping to become cheaper, try to pick at […]
To those of you “farmers” who have stumbled onto this site in search of something other than my rambling tips on how to have a cheap family summer, try leaving off the “the”. No weed seed here, sorry! But since you are here, I would be remiss not to point out that weed is probably […]
If you, like me, are starting a blog, do not look at other blogs. Now that I am on “display,” other blogs are like the popular girls. Maybe this all stems from and unresolved fear of looking stupid. Once, walking into middle school, I discovered my fly was down, and while covertly zipping it, I […]
So I got out our cash today and put it in little envelopes. I didn’t get the whole amount out since it seems silly to forgo the possible interest for the whole summer. How do you other cash spenders do the cash budget? By week? By month? Do you put away your debit and credit […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Thoughts About Writing Warm-Ups: GAHHH! January 23, 2018
- Protected: Speculative Fiction PNG YA story July 27, 2017
- Sam’s T-shirts July 27, 2017
- Hiawassee Warm-ups July 27, 2017
- Protected: Hiawassee Writing Retreat July 27, 2017
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Aunt Kathy K: You take pretty good care of your body from what I...
- Katrina Ryder: Well, I get it. Because part of what motivated me ...
- Aunt Kathy K: I'm not a writer, but I do go to the gym. I don...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope this stu...
- Carlene Seghers: Thank You!!! I really enjoyed the week four study!...
Where’s the one about . . .?
- Full of Fruit (105)
- Inside Out (3)
- Katrina's Writing (1)
- Letter Verses (14)
- Living Poorganically (82)
- Memoir (1)
- Nutty (131)
- Password Protected Stories (2)
- Stories (1)
- Sweet (44)
- The $500 Month (10)
- The Summer of 7 (19)
- Tone Up Study (8)
- Uncategorized (3)
- Warm-Ups (2)
- Writing Retreats (2)
- You Go, Girl! (23)