I wrote a Facebook status last week about my kids’ education and the response was SO positive that it inspired me to share a little bit about my philosophy (my “pedagogy” if you will). Here’s the FB post, just to get you up to speed. Teacher friends, don’t hate me for this because I love […]
Welcome to Week 3 of Tone Up. I’ve got lots of a great vlogs and links and verses and fun stuff to share today, so don’t get overwhelmed! (Mom, I’m talking to you. :)) Firstly, here’s the link to the closed FB group if anyone still wants to join. Quite a few are joining in […]
Welcome to Week 2 of Tone Up: Taming the Tone in Our Homes. Last week in our live group, we got the ball rolling with examining our own homes and adopting some small strategies to change the tone. Here’s the vlog summary for those of you following along online. (Click over to the website if […]
A few weeks before Christmas, my family visited our friend’s church to hear him preach the Sunday sermon. The church is a cutting edge, “seeker-type” that contrasts pretty strongly with our more traditional United Methodist church. We got our kids checked into the childcare and proceeded into the windowless, theater-style auditorium, pulsing with very contemporary […]
A few summers ago, when the kids were 8, 6, and almost 4, Jeremy and I decided to surprise them with a trip to the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher. After our week long vacation at the beach, we told the kids that instead of driving four hours home, we’d be driving to the ferry which would carry […]
(This is a rerun from 2012 when I was writing The Poorganic Life about eating real food on a budget.) I’ve been thinking about whether or not to write this post, as I’ve found myself facing a bit of writer’s block over the last few weeks. See, here’s the thing. This is the time of […]
For the past several years, during autumn, I’ve worked at a corn maze. If you’ve never been to a corn maze, the way it works is that after the corn (or in our case sorghum) is planted, paths are cut through the acreage, typically in some shape or formation. Maze-goers enter the maze […]
I’ve been pretty absent from writing here lately due to a number of factors, but primarily because I GOT A JOB! Actually, right now I am actually juggling THREE jobs: my new job, cashiering at the pumpkin farm, and tutoring a teenager. And, oh yes, there is that bit about being a housewife and mother […]
This post might also be called: How to Keep Your Kid from Becoming an Entitled Punk Lately I’ve been thinking about a lot of unconventional and counter-cultural things my parents did in raising my siblings and me. I like to think their methods helped us NOT to become total schmucks. Even though I despised many […]
Hi Friends, sorry for being absent so long and HUGE apologies to my dad for flaking out on promoting his book. In a subsequent post, I am going to explain where I’ve been (NEW JOB!), but without further ado, I want to share with you the 5th installment in the series from my dad’s book Raising […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Inside Out Study–All 8 Weeks FREE with Vlogs and Handouts March 18, 2017
- Inside Out Session 2: Highs and Lows Vlog and Homework January 27, 2017
- Inside Out Session 1 and Homework January 20, 2017
- The Emotional Jesus & The Inside Out Study January 10, 2017
- Tone Up Finale: Vlogs for Session 7 and 8 March 14, 2016
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope this stu...
- Carlene Seghers: Thank You!!! I really enjoyed the week four study!...
- Rachel M.: What a lovely tribute to your friend, I too have o...
- Glenna McKelvie: years ago when my son was small, we were going to ...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks! I'm trying to be all sleek and serene, fo...