Here we are at the end! Can you believe that we’ve been together talking about tone for the last two months? Spring has sprung here in NC, so I had spring fever and totally and completely flaked out on blogging Week 8, so I am just combining the last two weeks into one post. In […]
Archive | Tone Up Study RSS feed for this section
During Week 6 of Tone Up, we focused on the tone we use with our kids, and more specifically, some strategies for using Scripture in our homes. Here’s the video. Click over to the website if you’re in email. SO, just as a reminder, be sure to find Scriptures for each of your kids to […]
Last week during Week 5 we all enjoyed hearing the wisdom of my friend Kerri who shared about using a positive tone in our marriages. Here’s my brief synopsis of what we learned from her. I’m also adding a handout on encouragement that Kerri shared with us, which includes a lot of great Scripture. Encouragement Handout […]
This week has been a doozy with snow and ice and strep, so I am just going to cut to the chase since this post is already late. I’m not doing so great keeping a positive tone. ;( I am ready for them to all be healthy and back in school. We talked about our […]
Welcome to Tone Up Week 4! As we reach almost the halfway point of our study, I’m finding that I am DEFINITELY paying a lot more attention to tone. How about you? The other day my youngest daughter Anika was explaining our bean jar to her cousin who was visiting. It was nice to know […]
Welcome to Week 3 of Tone Up. I’ve got lots of a great vlogs and links and verses and fun stuff to share today, so don’t get overwhelmed! (Mom, I’m talking to you. :)) Firstly, here’s the link to the closed FB group if anyone still wants to join. Quite a few are joining in […]
Welcome to Week 2 of Tone Up: Taming the Tone in Our Homes. Last week in our live group, we got the ball rolling with examining our own homes and adopting some small strategies to change the tone. Here’s the vlog summary for those of you following along online. (Click over to the website if […]
A few weeks before Christmas, my family visited our friend’s church to hear him preach the Sunday sermon. The church is a cutting edge, “seeker-type” that contrasts pretty strongly with our more traditional United Methodist church. We got our kids checked into the childcare and proceeded into the windowless, theater-style auditorium, pulsing with very contemporary […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Inside Out Session 2: Highs and Lows Vlog and Homework January 27, 2017
- Inside Out Session 1 and Homework January 20, 2017
- The Emotional Jesus & The Inside Out Study January 10, 2017
- Tone Up Finale: Vlogs for Session 7 and 8 March 14, 2016
- Tone Up Week 7: Praise Him March 1, 2016
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Rachel M.: What a lovely tribute to your friend, I too have o...
- Glenna McKelvie: years ago when my son was small, we were going to ...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks! I'm trying to be all sleek and serene, fo...
- Amy: Such a great word. I immediately thought of severa...
- Amy Bennett: Love this one!! Will you come share it on my podca...