Summer and the Summer of 7 are drawing to a close for me, and I have to say, I’m glad. It was a fabulous summer. It went fast. It went slow. We traveled busily. We stayed home in jammies till noon watching Phineas and Ferb. We walked to local grocery stores; we drove to thrift […]
Archive | The Summer of 7 RSS feed for this section
Okay, right off the bat, if you follow The Poorganic Life for the real food advice, do not despair. Since I’m going on vacation FOR FIVE KID FREE DAYS with my hot husband (WHOOT-WOOT), I’ve decided to rerun some of my very first Eating Poorganically posts from a year ago when we first started this […]
(Since later on I talk about wasting time, I decided not to waste a bunch of time looking for a picture of waste thus this post will be photo-less. You’re welcome.) I hate waste. I hate wasted water. I hate wasted food. I hate wasted clothes. I hate wasted money. I hate throwing stuff away. […]
I’m back from mountains and my week with 1992 media. (I am still doing Summer of 7 , fasting from 7 areas of excess based on Jen Hatmaker’s crazy, funny book 7. The most recent area was MEDIA. GAG!) A week without media caused me to forgot how to write a blogpost, so this will […]
Summer of 7 is trucking a long. We continue to fast for 7 days from different areas of excess. This past week, we eliminated spending. Literally, we did not spend money. (Okay, I made a teensy minor exception to get bread at the Farmer’s Market since they are only open on Saturday.) It was harder […]
Photo credit: DrMark from morguefile.com Three things, somewhat unconnected, but nonetheless sloshing around this week’s brain-stew are as follows: If you read the “I’m so vain” post, but did not read the comments, you may want to go do that so what I am about to write will make sense. In my post, I made […]
I’m back from the beach and the mountains and am enjoying my birthday week with NO Summer of 7 challenges. But, I know you’re expecting full disclosure on my experience wearing 7 items of clothes and no makeup. Here it is. Wearing 7 items of clothes is brilliant. I am fully prepared to part with […]
It’s time for the clothes challenge part of The Summer of 7. For a while, I’ve known that I’d be completing this challenge during our beach vacation week when we rotate t-shirts and bathing suits. Also, we do laundry constantly. Therefore, I make no secret of the fact that I am cheating. I am also […]
Sing to the tune of Summertime from Porgy and Bess Summertime, And the givin’ ain’t easy Kids are grumpin’ Toy give-away piles are high Your daddy’s rich And your mamma’s quite crazy But hush spoiled baby Don’t you cry One of these mornings You’re going to rise up singing Unbound by your stuff, And you’ll […]
There are only three more days of walking for food as part of my Summer of 7 food challenge, but during this process, I’ve learned and thought a lot about food deserts. What are food deserts? Food deserts are low-income areas where access to real food groceries like fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, and fish is […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Inside Out Study–All 8 Weeks FREE with Vlogs and Handouts March 18, 2017
- Inside Out Session 2: Highs and Lows Vlog and Homework January 27, 2017
- Inside Out Session 1 and Homework January 20, 2017
- The Emotional Jesus & The Inside Out Study January 10, 2017
- Tone Up Finale: Vlogs for Session 7 and 8 March 14, 2016
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope this stu...
- Carlene Seghers: Thank You!!! I really enjoyed the week four study!...
- Rachel M.: What a lovely tribute to your friend, I too have o...
- Glenna McKelvie: years ago when my son was small, we were going to ...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks! I'm trying to be all sleek and serene, fo...