Don’t get me wrong. I love my kids. I’d take a bullet for them, or donate a kidney, or trash my waistline, sagify my bustline, ruin my sleep schedule, and jeopardize my sanity for them–oh wait, I did most of those things already. But if I’m being totally honest, I didn’t really ENJOY them all […]
Archive | Sweet RSS feed for this section
Warning. I’m going to write about my 9.5 year old daughter who could easily find out about this post, so YOU MUST PROMISE NEVER TO SPEAK OF THIS TO HER. NEVER. NEVER. EVER. Don’t even read this post if you think you will squeal. Addie is a good girl. I would like to think her […]
(I’m rerunning this 2012 post here in 2013, because it seems this topic is timeless. Enjoy . . . .again.) I’ve been thinking about whether or not to write this post, as I’ve found myself facing a bit of writer’s block over the last few weeks. See, here’s the thing. This is the time of […]
I don’t homeschool. I don’t really want to. My husband is a public school music teacher, and my kids attend the school he teaches at. It is practically spitting distance away, and it’s a great school. They have great teachers. I have no ability with early elementary subjects, and buying homeschool material could literally break […]
I’ve been thinking about whether or not to write this post, as I’ve found myself facing a bit of writer’s block over the last few weeks. See, here’s the thing. This is the time of year when NEITHER healthy eating NOR frugality are super popular concepts. I’m sure I could try to drum something up, […]
Now that the election is over (sigh of relief), I have a story for you. Probably like you, we have received approximately nine gagillion political phone calls over the past month. It surely doesn’t help that I live in North Carolina, a swing state, nor does it help that I am a registered Independent. And […]
2 Corinthians 5:13-15 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live […]
Yesterday, October 12th was my 10th anniversary with my sweet husband. I intended to do a long sappy post, but instead of wiling away more time at the computer, I went on a date with my best friend. Our marriage has really been a piece of cake. You prepare expectantly, full of hope. Changes and […]
Every day when my kids leave for school, my kitchen looks something like this. And even though it is not hard to clean my tiny kitchen or my 1100 square foot house, sometimes the tedium of wiping the same counters, and straightening the same beds, gets old. Sometimes, I lose perspective and I sink into […]
Posts where I tell you to spend lots of money are few and far between, but this is one of them, so you will probably want to read to find out what inspires me to relax my vice-like grip over our money. One of my budgeting victories was figuring out how to allocate money for […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Inside Out Study–All 8 Weeks FREE with Vlogs and Handouts March 18, 2017
- Inside Out Session 2: Highs and Lows Vlog and Homework January 27, 2017
- Inside Out Session 1 and Homework January 20, 2017
- The Emotional Jesus & The Inside Out Study January 10, 2017
- Tone Up Finale: Vlogs for Session 7 and 8 March 14, 2016
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope this stu...
- Carlene Seghers: Thank You!!! I really enjoyed the week four study!...
- Rachel M.: What a lovely tribute to your friend, I too have o...
- Glenna McKelvie: years ago when my son was small, we were going to ...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks! I'm trying to be all sleek and serene, fo...