Posts where I tell you to spend lots of money are few and far between, but this is one of them, so you will probably want to read to find out what inspires me to relax my vice-like grip over our money. One of my budgeting victories was figuring out how to allocate money for […]
Archive | The $500 Month RSS feed for this section
I told you we’d managed to buy all our consumables for $500 last month, but when it came time to look at the cold hard numbers, I realize I lied. (Payday for us is once a month on the 25th, which is why we don’t operate on the “normal” month.) The problem is, I don’t […]
Do you ever feel like the process of eating real foods on a budget is making you insane? No, I’m not kidding. I mean, for real, like the whole process of deciding what to buy might be making you into a crazy lady? Today I decided to stop in at Walmart for the last few […]
There is a question at the end of this post that I’d LOVE for you to answer. Will you? As is often the case when I commit to giving you daily insights into my life, I have failed because, let’s just face it. You don’t really care that much AND after the third or fourth […]
Here’s the truth. I don’t know how I used to do $85-$100 a week for poorganic food. I’m guessing that all my kids have increased their eating by a TON because we are spending this money pretty quick. I’ve been alternating between vegetarian and meatless dishes and including lots of eggs and bean dishes, but […]
I am about to give you two things that you will be forever grateful for . . . maybe. 1. My pizza recipe, which is the best EVER. My husband married me, largely for the strength of my pizza making skills. These two pizzas probably cost about $10 total to make. 2. A real life […]
After that epically boring list yesterday, I am going to cut right to the chase. Today was day four. It is 8:18 PM and everyone in my house is in bed, including my exhausted husband. (Starting school is hard on teachers too.) So, there is no menu plan happening. Here is your update. I bought […]
Before I make a meal plan for the $500 month, I’m going to inventory everything we have. EVERYTHING. (I will attempt to sprinkle in humor, so it won’t be as boring as reading the list of everything in someone’s pantry–since that is what it is.) First, I have to say two things. Oh how the […]
First, a few clarifying details about the $500 month just for those of you who are curious or are trying a similar thing. There are five people in our family. We have three children, ages 7, 5, and 3. We have no food allergies or intolerances. We DO have some SMALL stockpile of foods, so […]
Eating poorganically, couponing, and being cheapy-McGreepy are BACK ON, folks. This month I am going to try to return to a more poorganic diet and budget after seriously slacking over the summer. We are going to TRY to feed and diaper and consume all our consumables this month for $500. (eeek! I’m a little scared.) […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Inside Out Study–All 8 Weeks FREE with Vlogs and Handouts March 18, 2017
- Inside Out Session 2: Highs and Lows Vlog and Homework January 27, 2017
- Inside Out Session 1 and Homework January 20, 2017
- The Emotional Jesus & The Inside Out Study January 10, 2017
- Tone Up Finale: Vlogs for Session 7 and 8 March 14, 2016
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope this stu...
- Carlene Seghers: Thank You!!! I really enjoyed the week four study!...
- Rachel M.: What a lovely tribute to your friend, I too have o...
- Glenna McKelvie: years ago when my son was small, we were going to ...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks! I'm trying to be all sleek and serene, fo...