Okay, the $400 a month Eating Poorganically budget has kind of gone to heck. We did not do it this month. We are not even close. We have a week to go and we are already over budget. It is HT Triples and I am getting tons of good deals, so I just threw the […]
Archive | Living Poorganically RSS feed for this section
One of the Poorganic Foods that we’ve been eating a lot more of is Hummus. Anika calls it “Tummus,” so that is how it occurs in my brain now; you will have to adapt. We like it because it is cheap and easy to make, plus my kids are condiment-fiends and can dip their veggies […]
I’ve been on an “Eating Poorganically” shopping frenzy lately. I’ve gotten a little confused with the weekly spending allotment and the budget because of starting EP in the middle of one of our summer months, when we had been eating normally. I should have waited to start EP with a new budget, but alas, I […]
This will be quick. I should have known that using satire (defined as biting wit) would bring reactions that would be intense. Why didn’t I think of that? Thus it falls to me to clarify a few things after the last satirical post and the subsequent comments. Firstly, I’ve decided to add “MORE-GANICS” and “CURE-GANICS” […]
Well, it’s been three weeks in the “Eating Poorganic” world and I have to say, I am learning a lot. (If you don’t know what “Eating Poorganically” is, read about my little self-challenge to push my skepticism aside and eat real and organic foods on a budget. I’m trying to alternate posting between my normal […]
I know this is hot on the heels of my post about Week 1, but as I am all out of money for Week 2, I’ll go ahead and post. I made my own menu this week, so I’ll just show you pictures of what I bought and tell you about each purchase in the […]
Hooray, we got more than 25 fans, which means I can upload my status reports to Twitter!! Wah, wah, wah. Who really cares about that? Boy was that ever a let-down. I don’t even do Twitter. Nonetheless, I am thrilled to have many of you as Eating Poorganically Fans on Facebook. Before we get TOO […]
This is the fourth post in the Eating Poorganically Series. If you want to read the first three, click the Eating Poorganically category. Also, don’t forget to “Like” Eating Poorganically on Facebook. I’m not sure what happens when I get 25 fans, but Facebook has indicated that it will be something cool. The more […]
If you want to get up to speed on Eating Poorganically Series, please check out the first two posts by clicking the tab to your right. This is post #3. I’ve spent the last few days inundating myself with information about organic and healthy eating, so that I could become totally overwhelmed, despair, eat ice […]
Against my better judgment and the advice of some of you, I have resolved to carry out a little experiment to see if our family of five can eat organically and not hate it. I have already begun some research into the matter and have drawn some of my inspiration from a blog written by […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread.
- How Much Authority Over Your Kids is the Right Amount? (And .99 cent Kindle sale!) June 8, 2015
- 4 Purposes for the Family– Raising Homemade Disciples June 2, 2015
- The Flood Story – Raising Homemade Disciples Week 2 May 21, 2015
- How I Finally Started Enjoying Motherhood May 13, 2015
- Raising Homemade Disciples: A Crisis of Faith: A Giveaway! May 12, 2015
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Katrina Ryder: I was a high school English teacher too! Maybe we ...
- Gabby@MamaGab: I can relate to this so much! I'm wired for teen...
- Megan: That is certainly some wise and creative parenting...
- Megan: Wow, that's quite a story! I think that especial...
- The Flood Story – Raising Homemade Disciples Week 2 | Katrina Ryder: […] my dad’s stories from Raising Home...