You may know that it was a conversation with my friend who told me there was pus in cow’s milk that led me to begin looking into Eating Poorganically. I’ve decided to make it easier for you and me to understand what “Eating Poorganically” means by focusing on certain foods. Today, I am going to […]
Archive | Living Poorganically RSS feed for this section
One of the Poorganic Foods that we’ve been eating a lot more of is Hummus. Anika calls it “Tummus,” so that is how it occurs in my brain now; you will have to adapt. We like it because it is cheap and easy to make, plus my kids are condiment-fiends and can dip their veggies […]
I’ve been on an “Eating Poorganically” shopping frenzy lately. I’ve gotten a little confused with the weekly spending allotment and the budget because of starting EP in the middle of one of our summer months, when we had been eating normally. I should have waited to start EP with a new budget, but alas, I […]
This will be quick. I should have known that using satire (defined as biting wit) would bring reactions that would be intense. Why didn’t I think of that? Thus it falls to me to clarify a few things after the last satirical post and the subsequent comments. Firstly, I’ve decided to add “MORE-GANICS” and “CURE-GANICS” […]
Well, it’s been three weeks in the “Eating Poorganic” world and I have to say, I am learning a lot. (If you don’t know what “Eating Poorganically” is, read about my little self-challenge to push my skepticism aside and eat real and organic foods on a budget. I’m trying to alternate posting between my normal […]
I know this is hot on the heels of my post about Week 1, but as I am all out of money for Week 2, I’ll go ahead and post. I made my own menu this week, so I’ll just show you pictures of what I bought and tell you about each purchase in the […]
Hooray, we got more than 25 fans, which means I can upload my status reports to Twitter!! Wah, wah, wah. Who really cares about that? Boy was that ever a let-down. I don’t even do Twitter. Nonetheless, I am thrilled to have many of you as Eating Poorganically Fans on Facebook. Before we get TOO […]
This is the fourth post in the Eating Poorganically Series. If you want to read the first three, click the Eating Poorganically category. Also, don’t forget to “Like” Eating Poorganically on Facebook. I’m not sure what happens when I get 25 fans, but Facebook has indicated that it will be something cool. :) The more […]
If you want to get up to speed on Eating Poorganically Series, please check out the first two posts by clicking the tab to your right. This is post #3. I’ve spent the last few days inundating myself with information about organic and healthy eating, so that I could become totally overwhelmed, despair, eat ice […]
Against my better judgment and the advice of some of you, I have resolved to carry out a little experiment to see if our family of five can eat organically and not hate it. I have already begun some research into the matter and have drawn some of my inspiration from a blog written by […]
About The Author
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I'm a reluctant real foodie who blogs about faith, finances, food, and family. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread.
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Peace Like a River: Finding the Rest of My Faith March 1, 2014
- Snowed in with the Rest of My Faith: Week 3B: In which I talk about my wedding night February 18, 2014
- Trust and Obey: Finding the Rest of My Faith Week 3 February 11, 2014
- Don’t Worry. Be Wary. (Finding the Rest: Week 2) February 4, 2014
- Finding the Rest-Week 1 January 28, 2014
- Katrina Ryder: Ooo, very pretty. I wish there was an easy way to...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks for reading it! I think we overlook the imp...
- Mandy: Katrina, I have really been enjoying this series--...
- Johanna Fenton: Katrina, one of my favorite quotes comes from Oswa...
- Peace Like a River: Finding the Rest of My Faith | Katrina Ryder: […] The Summer of 7 […]...