I wrote a Facebook status last week about my kids’ education and the response was SO positive that it inspired me to share a little bit about my philosophy (my “pedagogy” if you will). Here’s the FB post, just to get you up to speed. Teacher friends, don’t hate me for this because I love […]
Archive | Living Poorganically RSS feed for this section
Despite having disappeared from my blog entirely this summer, one of my loyal readers asked if I would share her daughter’s journey in locovore eating. She undertook locovorism as a pre-requisite to her Girl Scout Gold Award project. Since I have my OWN little Brownie in the house and have attempted locovore eating myself, sharing […]
(I know, I know. I haven’t written in six months AND I renamed the blog. There could and probably should be a long, long post about why, but it is easier to just restart. :)) If you are at all concerned with the real or organic foods movement, you probably know that strawberries are among […]
I love a good, simple crockpot recipe. By good, I mean one that does not contain ninety percent “unreal” foods like canned soups and mixes with MSG. My friend Stacy, from Stacy Makes Cents has just published a new e-book called Crock On. It is a semi-whole foods crock pot cookbook. I reviewed the Spicy […]
My friend and Allume roommate Rachel, who blogs at Occasional Boredom, is wonderful about finding poorganic recipes and strategies. She LOVES pumpkin and is constantly posting recipes featuring pumpkin puree that DOESN’T come from a can. Since we didn’t carve our pumpkins this year, but rather used “tatoos,” I had three pumpkins with which to […]
If you are wondering whether or not couponing is worth your time, ask yourself how long you would look for a $20 bill that you lost? What about a $50 bill? Many of you may have expressed that it is a challenge to find real food at a reasonable price. When we first started eating […]
If you’d like to learn how to “poorganicify” all your recipes, this is the post for you. I have a few poorganic recipes that I’ve created, but most of what I make isn’t really an original invention of my own. So many great recipes already exist! Instead of trying to write my own recipes, I […]
Posts where I tell you to spend lots of money are few and far between, but this is one of them, so you will probably want to read to find out what inspires me to relax my vice-like grip over our money. One of my budgeting victories was figuring out how to allocate money for […]
I told you we’d managed to buy all our consumables for $500 last month, but when it came time to look at the cold hard numbers, I realize I lied. (Payday for us is once a month on the 25th, which is why we don’t operate on the “normal” month.) The problem is, I don’t […]
Do you ever feel like the process of eating real foods on a budget is making you insane? No, I’m not kidding. I mean, for real, like the whole process of deciding what to buy might be making you into a crazy lady? Today I decided to stop in at Walmart for the last few […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread. I am available for freelance editing and speaking engagements.
- Inside Out Study–All 8 Weeks FREE with Vlogs and Handouts March 18, 2017
- Inside Out Session 2: Highs and Lows Vlog and Homework January 27, 2017
- Inside Out Session 1 and Homework January 20, 2017
- The Emotional Jesus & The Inside Out Study January 10, 2017
- Tone Up Finale: Vlogs for Session 7 and 8 March 14, 2016
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope this stu...
- Carlene Seghers: Thank You!!! I really enjoyed the week four study!...
- Rachel M.: What a lovely tribute to your friend, I too have o...
- Glenna McKelvie: years ago when my son was small, we were going to ...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks! I'm trying to be all sleek and serene, fo...