This is my son, Dylan. He just turned 6 and finished Kindergarten. Be still my Mamma heart. I could just eat those ears right up. (Don’t even talk to me about the “cake” made from Krispy Kreme donuts. It made all his dreams come true, AND, considering it took me 5 minutes to pile […]
Archive | Letter Verses RSS feed for this section
Remember how in the last post I said I was tired? Well, I have been. And I’ve been a little depressed too. I think some of it is the September blues, but I also think that maybe I’ve been falling into my tendency to think that if I just get everything done, organized, scheduled, planned, […]
Okay, right off the bat, if you follow The Poorganic Life for the real food advice, do not despair. Since I’m going on vacation FOR FIVE KID FREE DAYS with my hot husband (WHOOT-WOOT), I’ve decided to rerun some of my very first Eating Poorganically posts from a year ago when we first started this […]
Remember Letter Verses? That great verse memorization program from days of old? Well, even though I am woefully behind on our progress through the alphabet, we have pressed on and now mastered the letter L-verse.(Just in case you’ve mistakenly assumed that Letter Verses is for kids, let me reassure you; God’s Word works on old […]
It’s time for the next two Letter Verses! We are up to J & K now. Letter Verses is a way to memorize Scripture one letter of the alphabet at a time, using catchy songs (and sometimes motions.) Once we memorize the verse, we give $1 to One Verse for a Bible translation project for […]
FINALLY, it’s time for I verse!!! (If you are new here and have NO idea what “I Verse” means, go read this blurb about Letter Verses and then come back.) I KNOW! I know. I Verse is months and months overdue. You probably learned the Hate Verse in record time and have been sitting […]
We’re BACK! As promised in Poor Kids Don’t Eat Real Food, it’s time we got back on track with Letter Verses. If you are just starting out with Letter Verses, you can check out verses A-G at the Letter Verses page above. If you, like me, have trouble memorizing scripture, Letter Verses might be perfect […]
Since many of us are in the process of purging our 2012 pantries of all those terrible, no-good, very bad substances like hydrogenation and high-fructose corn syrup, I’ve heard one question repeated on Facebook and the blogosphere. “What do I do with all this unhealthy stuff I’m getting rid of? Should I just go ahead […]
To read about Letter Verses, click here. If you already know about Letter Verses, keep reading . . . G Verse just so happens to be PERFECT for this week. Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. (Click the passage to view the printable verse to display […]
F Verse is one of my favorites because it really impacts both my kids AND me. The verse is: Matthew 12:34 For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. (Click the verse to view and print the handy-dandy printable.) Wow! That just cuts right to the heart doesn’t it. I feel like it might […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread.
- How Much Authority Over Your Kids is the Right Amount? (And .99 cent Kindle sale!) June 8, 2015
- 4 Purposes for the Family– Raising Homemade Disciples June 2, 2015
- The Flood Story – Raising Homemade Disciples Week 2 May 21, 2015
- How I Finally Started Enjoying Motherhood May 13, 2015
- Raising Homemade Disciples: A Crisis of Faith: A Giveaway! May 12, 2015
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Katrina Ryder: I was a high school English teacher too! Maybe we ...
- Gabby@MamaGab: I can relate to this so much! I'm wired for teen...
- Megan: That is certainly some wise and creative parenting...
- Megan: Wow, that's quite a story! I think that especial...
- The Flood Story – Raising Homemade Disciples Week 2 | Katrina Ryder: […] my dad’s stories from Raising Home...