I am SO excited to hear your stories this week. Please take the time to write out your story to share with us in 700-800 words. If you are following online, you can sent it through the contact for me to share in the group or post online. Life does get busy and you […]
Archive | Full of Fruit RSS feed for this section
To start with, here’s the debrief e-mail that I sent out to those attending on Tuesdays because I think it had a couple good points for those of you following online. Thanks for another great discussion. Honestly, I felt a little discombobulated today and was having all my epiphanies DURING the discussion rather than before it, […]
After our knock-down, drag-out with Hagar, Abram, and Sarai last week, I admit that I was eager for an “easy” match-making, love-story about Naomi, sweet Ruth, and honorable Boaz. Aren’t they precious? I’m gonna include the Scripture from the NIV in the text again. It will make for a long print, but you can cut […]
Last week rocked. Jeremy and I had the chance to go to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat last weekend before our much delayed Faith in the Valley meeting on Tuesday, so let me tell you, I’m still all “Go, go, go Joseph!” (That’s one of the songs.) Sitting down talking through the Joseph story was […]
It’s Week 1 of Faith in the Valley. If you’re following along online, you could journal on each of the questions below after reading the chapters in Genesis about Joseph. If you are coming to the Tuesday meetings, we will only discuss a SMALL portion of what is below. Please read and print out this […]
Thank goodness that a batch of ice came flying through NC in time to postpone my first meeting of Faith in the Valley! I am desperately needing to figure out what I actually mean by FAITH IN THE VALLEY? What is it? Who has it? Is it good? Is it bad? How do I get it? The idea of […]
Last week I found out that my middle child, my darling son, has been lying to me all year about his homework. When he told me on a daily basis that he had finished his homework or had none, I believed him. However, after a while, my tiny mind awoke from its slumber to ask […]
This morning I had to walk my kids into school because they were tardy. This is because I made them do absurd and unusual tasks, such as brushing their teeth, clearing their cereal bowls, and putting on their shoes. I truly am unreasonable . After writing “Slowpokes” as “Reason for Tardy” in the log, I […]
Warning. I’m going to write about my 9.5 year old daughter who could easily find out about this post, so YOU MUST PROMISE NEVER TO SPEAK OF THIS TO HER. NEVER. NEVER. EVER. Don’t even read this post if you think you will squeal. Addie is a good girl. I would like to think her […]
I know that I promised to blog more after my last post a MONTH AGO, but it turns out that having three kids in school did not result in as much bon-bon eating and blogging as I’d hoped. Alas. I wrote a bunch of blog posts in my head, but they never made it […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I'm a reluctant real foodie who blogs about faith, finances, food, and family. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread.
- Faith in the Valley: Our Whole Truth March 27, 2015
- Faith in the Valley: When Joy Comes Back March 22, 2015
- Faith in the Valley: Naomi and Coming Home Empty March 14, 2015
- Faith in the Valley: Hagar and the Desert March 7, 2015
- Dream Deferred: Faith in the Valley Week 1 February 22, 2015
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Rebecca: awesome study, thanks!...
- Dream Deferred: Faith in the Valley Week 1 | Katrina Ryder: […] Week 1 of Faith in the Valley. If you&...
- Johanna: katrina, I took one look at that photo and I knew...
- Mandi: Love this so much! Just the word I needed to be r...
- Amy: Oh man, first of all YAY FOR YOU WRITING. Secon...