A year and a half ago (during Summer of 7), we went tubing in the NC mountains with some friends. While the dads and older kids went up to the top with their tubes, the moms and younger kids started at the midway point of the river, just floating down through the calmest waters toward […]
Archive | Full of Fruit RSS feed for this section
Finding the Rest of My Faith didn’t actually meet last Thursday night due to Snowpocalypse, but three snowed- in days did give me some insights into rest. I found that, unlike other holidays and vacations, Snowpocalypse was quite restful for me because there was absolutely no expectations of doing anything or going anywhere. My house was […]
(I’ve selected a soundtrack for reading this post, so click over to the blog and then play the songs embedded at the end of the post. ) Thanks to Distant Shores Media and http://sweetpublishing.com/ for access to these open Bible resources. Week 3 of Finding the Rest of My Faith was a tricky one for […]
Last Thursday we met for the second time to discuss Finding the Rest of My Faith. There were just three of us again, which turned out to be a perfect group for digging into last week’s questions, which you can find at the bottom of the Week 1: Summary HERE. This week I want to focus on […]
Our first study group on Finding the Rest of My Faith began this past Thursday. If you want to follow along with what we’re discussing or weren’t able to be at the first meeting, these summary posts may help. At the end, I’ll include a few ideas for self study. There were just three of us. We […]
Back in the olden days, I only had one child. This child, sweet Addie, was and is, my best sleeper. In fact, both her father and I were pretty darn good sleepers too. The amount of crazy going on when she was born is mind-numbing to consider now. We moved 4 times before she was […]
(After the story, there is a question and opportunity for local gals.) When my husband and I applied to become missionaries about 8.5 years ago, we had to take LONG psychological evaluations. I suppose these are meant to reveal whether or not you are ALREADY crazy since there is a fairly good chance you might […]
(So depressing that I started this post four months ago and yet it’s still relevent to my life.) I am shamelessly ripping off Jen Hatmaker’s worst mom series because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I love her. Plus, while she may be worst at many things, all her kids are (apparently) potty […]
Have you ever seen Pollyanna? It’s a Disney movie in which a little girl transforms her fellow townsfolk from gloomy, drab, and hopeless solely by the force of her chipper, happy disposition and her kind words. During my brooding, melancholic teen years, my mother would often use Pollyanna as her touchstone of comparison, saying things […]
I don’t homeschool. I don’t really want to. My husband is a public school music teacher, and my kids attend the school he teaches at. It is practically spitting distance away, and it’s a great school. They have great teachers. I have no ability with early elementary subjects, and buying homeschool material could literally break […]
About The Author
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I'm a reluctant real foodie who blogs about faith, finances, food, and family. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread.
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Peace Like a River: Finding the Rest of My Faith March 1, 2014
- Snowed in with the Rest of My Faith: Week 3B: In which I talk about my wedding night February 18, 2014
- Trust and Obey: Finding the Rest of My Faith Week 3 February 11, 2014
- Don’t Worry. Be Wary. (Finding the Rest: Week 2) February 4, 2014
- Finding the Rest-Week 1 January 28, 2014
- Katrina Ryder: Ooo, very pretty. I wish there was an easy way to...
- Katrina Ryder: Thanks for reading it! I think we overlook the imp...
- Mandy: Katrina, I have really been enjoying this series--...
- Johanna Fenton: Katrina, one of my favorite quotes comes from Oswa...
- Peace Like a River: Finding the Rest of My Faith | Katrina Ryder: […] The Summer of 7 […]...