If you are a relatively new reader of this blog, you may be interested to know that we only started Eating Poorganically in August 2011. I changed the name of the blog from “The Low Ryder” to “The Poorganic Life” in October. Lately, I’ve thought it might be helpful to review a few of the […]
Archive | January, 2012
We all remember why we are here, right? I mean, if you are still reading this blog, you know that I am a reluctant real foodie who has a secret (not-so-secret) agenda to talk about how we can save to give. Real foods is just the bandwagon by which I get you all to travel […]
I’m VERY excited to tell you that I have my first ever GUEST POST at another blog. My absolute favorite coupon blogger, Shelly, at My Coupon Teacher, has invited me over to her blog to share some poorganic shopping tips for her Thrifty Thursday feature. Of course, I probably won’t call them “poorganic” tips over […]
I’ve had a lot of questions about bread since I posted a conversation about how to judge the “poorganic-ness” of your bread. It includes information about homemade and store bought breads. I HAVE been trying to make bread more often, and now that I’ve incorporated it into my week, it isn’t as much of a […]
I’ve got a little musical background for you to listen to as you read this post, so if you’re in your e-mail, click over to the site so you can listen and read. During 2010, we as a family decided that we were going to try to increase our generosity by giving away as much […]
THROWBACK to the very beginning folks! Since a few of you are new to The Poorganic Life, I’m re-running this edited version of one of my VERY first posts from May 2010, in which I explained just a few ways that we maintain our Poorganic life. Some of the personal details might be slightly out […]
My mother in law (the best MIL on the planet) got me a pair of riding boots for Christmas. They are totally awesome. They are the most kick- . . .awesome boots I have ever seen or worn. When I put them on my feet, I suddenly become wildly powerful and amazing. I feel confident, […]
Other than being delicious, the best thing about this recipe is that it is versatile. You can adjust the ingredients based on what you have on hand. I made a huge batch of this at Christmas for my children’s teachers. Now I am getting all the jars back with requests for the recipe. Since I […]
We’re BACK! As promised in Poor Kids Don’t Eat Real Food, it’s time we got back on track with Letter Verses. If you are just starting out with Letter Verses, you can check out verses A-G at the Letter Verses page above. If you, like me, have trouble memorizing scripture, Letter Verses might be perfect […]
There are maybe one or two non-fiction books that I have willingly finished in my life. I’m just not a big non-fiction reader, especially if it isn’t a narrative. I like a good story, but I get bored pretty quickly with parenting books, how-to books, or even devotional books. I’m just not really that interested […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I'm a reluctant real foodie who blogs about faith, finances, food, and family. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread.
- Faith in the Valley: Our Whole Truth March 27, 2015
- Faith in the Valley: When Joy Comes Back March 22, 2015
- Faith in the Valley: Naomi and Coming Home Empty March 14, 2015
- Faith in the Valley: Hagar and the Desert March 7, 2015
- Dream Deferred: Faith in the Valley Week 1 February 22, 2015
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Rebecca: awesome study, thanks!...
- Dream Deferred: Faith in the Valley Week 1 | Katrina Ryder: […] Week 1 of Faith in the Valley. If you&...
- Johanna: katrina, I took one look at that photo and I knew...
- Mandi: Love this so much! Just the word I needed to be r...
- Amy: Oh man, first of all YAY FOR YOU WRITING. Secon...