It’s WEEK 4 of my dad’s awesome series on parenting, featuring excerpts from his book Raising Homemade Disciples, which IS ON SALE FOR ONLY .99 cents this week on KINDLE. If you’ve been waiting for a deal, THIS IS IT! Carpe Diem! Last week we learned about the 4 main purposes for families, the first of which is […]
My dad, Brian Tenny, is back! This week, he is going to share 4 of the purposes for the family as he does in his book Raising Homemade Disciples. This is my absolute favorite part of his book–seeing him breakdown some of the parenting essentials in a holistic way. I’m not much for behavior modification parenting books, […]
I’m VERY excited to share another of my dad’s stories from Raising Homemade Disciples. In his first post, I let my dad tell a glowing story about me and NOW, because I’m nothing if not fair, I’m going to let him share a truly horrifying epoch of bad behavior about MY BROTHER, Shane. HA! (What can […]
Don’t get me wrong. I love my kids. I’d take a bullet for them, or donate a kidney, or trash my waistline, sagify my bustline, ruin my sleep schedule, and jeopardize my sanity for them–oh wait, I did most of those things already. But if I’m being totally honest, I didn’t really ENJOY them all […]
Over the weeks between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day I’m pretty busy working my job as a cashier at a strawberry farm; however, my amazing dad is allowing me to feature some of his writing here on my blog. Since he and my mom are wise, witty, and wonderful parents, I was eager to have […]
Start by clicking over to the blog if you’re on email because there is a sound track to this post. Push play and then read. This past weekend I went to Nicaragua with my friend Kay Bruner and a new friend, Annie Snyder. We went to lead a retreat for 90 mostly missionary women. It […]
I am SO excited to hear your stories this week. Please take the time to write out your story to share with us in 700-800 words. If you are following online, you can sent it through the contact for me to share in the group or post online. Life does get busy and you […]
To start with, here’s the debrief e-mail that I sent out to those attending on Tuesdays because I think it had a couple good points for those of you following online. Thanks for another great discussion. Honestly, I felt a little discombobulated today and was having all my epiphanies DURING the discussion rather than before it, […]
After our knock-down, drag-out with Hagar, Abram, and Sarai last week, I admit that I was eager for an “easy” match-making, love-story about Naomi, sweet Ruth, and honorable Boaz. Aren’t they precious? I’m gonna include the Scripture from the NIV in the text again. It will make for a long print, but you can cut […]
Last week rocked. Jeremy and I had the chance to go to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat last weekend before our much delayed Faith in the Valley meeting on Tuesday, so let me tell you, I’m still all “Go, go, go Joseph!” (That’s one of the songs.) Sitting down talking through the Joseph story was […]
Hi! I'm Katrina. I'm married to an elementary school music teacher and am mom to three crazy kids. Formerly a high school teacher and missionary, I now stay home and give myself pedicures and eat bon-bons, while never avoiding sarcasm. I blog about faith, finances, food, and family. I founded You Go Girl! groups to encourage, equip, and empower women want to support or participate in missions. I love Jesus, missions, hip-hop dance, gardening, country music, Henry James novels, talking too much, wearing makeup, and eating crusty bread.
- How Much Authority Over Your Kids is the Right Amount? (And .99 cent Kindle sale!) June 8, 2015
- 4 Purposes for the Family– Raising Homemade Disciples June 2, 2015
- The Flood Story – Raising Homemade Disciples Week 2 May 21, 2015
- How I Finally Started Enjoying Motherhood May 13, 2015
- Raising Homemade Disciples: A Crisis of Faith: A Giveaway! May 12, 2015
- Practice on the People Who Don’t Matter May 16, 2013
- The Poorganic Voice in My Head September 20, 2012
- Still on Track for the 500 dollar month? September 14, 2012
- This is probably wrong, but February 22, 2012
- Poorganic Food at Food Lion? June 12, 2012
- Katrina Ryder: I was a high school English teacher too! Maybe we ...
- Gabby@MamaGab: I can relate to this so much! I'm wired for teen...
- Megan: That is certainly some wise and creative parenting...
- Megan: Wow, that's quite a story! I think that especial...
- The Flood Story – Raising Homemade Disciples Week 2 | Katrina Ryder: […] my dad’s stories from Raising Home...